Tuesday, May 17, 2022

This is why I do it!



See my Photo’s on Google Maps
See my Reviews
 I started the blog as something to do that would be positive. Something I could do to overcome my own shyness and make myself meet people. Give myself a purpose and motivation. I took a beautiful picture of a sunset on Jumpoff Rock and created a business card. I tracked all my hikes on Ride with GPS and then all my bike rides. I met Joe and Peggy and started leading Novice Rides. Then I’d write about them on my blog. I’d meet shop and restaurant owners, give them my card and say I had a website. Then we would talk and I’d take pictures and occasional interviews. I met Melody and John, owners of Two Guys Pizza and Ribs. Melody was extremely pretty, animated and friendly. She also loves Tess and made us feel special every time we visited there to eat. I’ve now known her through three locations from the corner on 6th Ave to downtown 1st Ave to 7th Ave near Lowes which they now own. Ive watched them go from refusing credit cards to accepting credit cards to changing their entire menu to vegan because there’re son did a book report and made them feel bad about killing animals for food. Hence, no more ribs…

I love animals too and if I really thought about it I’d be a vegan too but I confess I love the ribs and we haven’t been back as often.

Meanwhile another owner I met was The Wood Room on 225 towards Carl Sandburg. Very nice guy, surprisingly shy but he asked me how many followers I had? Basically none was or should have been my answer but he was very nice about it. It did however make me think about how actual business people perceived a website and exposure on the web. Melody had said to me earlier on that people say a lot of mean things on the internet so Goal #1 of One Thousand Reason’s is to Be Positive. Wood room asked how many followers and Zero is not a good answer. He and others had asked me to put my reviews on Google or Yelp or Trio Advisor and so Done! I started posting my reviews on those outlets and of course Amazon and I hope, in fact I know, because of the positive feedback I get, especially from Google, that I am reaching a far wide audience as noted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment