Thursday, May 19, 2022

The more things change the more they stay the same IV

 So when is something the last time or when does it become the last time? How and why does it become the last time? And does it matter?

I’m pretty sure I’ve referred to that teacher who shared this bit of wisdom with our class. He said I will now share with you, the one fundamental Truth in Life. We all shut up and leaned forward….

One thing leads to another.

I’ve never forgotten it, although I have no idea of who, where or when or what class, it’s given me pause for a lot of contemplation.

So we moved here to Hendersonville based largely on an unplanned hike. I’ve now hiked Carl Sandburg maybe 100 times. I met Brian and Mary and rode my bike with them almost every day for months/years. I made a best friend with John and for a while we were hiking every Thursday. I’ve been friends with Chip and we’ve been hiking 45 years beginning with that fateful and memorable day when we went out as a ragtag group with Tess as my new date to a place called Table Rock. Since then we’ve hiked a million times or what feels like a million miles over the years, at first only in the winter months, then year round then weekly, then monthly and now, can’t go for at least another month.

So will any of this be the last time for anything? I will say no, but that’s the query for this blog post. You really don’t know. I never said to Brian and Mary, hey let’s make this our last ride or our last hike. Yet I could look it up in RWGPS and there it would be. Was that my last hike with John? I’m sure it’s not but??? My last hike with Chip?

I’m not trying to be maudlin but this damn leg has given me a lot of time to think about stuff. Ok so as lay here in bed my peace has been invaded by the sound of the news on tv downstairs. The absolute pain of weeping tears from victims of Putins invasion of Ukraine. The absolute horror of that while I sit here and reminisce about Carl Sandburg. So sheltered, so spoiled, so lucky. I have memories and as far as I know I have a future. Now they have been talking about nuclear weapons and as I said created a standoff where we don’t enter the war to save these people because Russia might unleash a nuclear war. A strong part of me says do it! Risk total annihilation in the face of a lobotomy of human decency. Biden wanted to save the soul of America. He had no idea how far we have gone or how close we are to loosing it. God does not punish or reward us. He watches to see what we will do with our opportunities. He murdered his Son who showed us the light and the way. We worship Jesus but sadly we continue to murder him every day. The Great Replacement? Have we all gone mad? Jesus loves the little children, all gods children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children in the world.

This was Jesus message. This is the Way! This is the Light! Please wake up America! Don’t look forward to death to find salvation. One thing does lead to another so Please, Choose  Life!


No comments:

Post a Comment