Thursday, May 26, 2022

Fwd: 'Go in there!' Texas cops dithered during killer's rampage, onlookers say

The Huffington Post issues a series of headline articles every day. This is a very trusted news source to me. It has been branded as “Liberal”. It feels as though Liberal is now the term that the right wing uses to denigrate the truth. After 19 people were mowed down by a crazed kid with an assault weapon, Ted Cruz is blaming lack of school security and Tucker Carlson is blaming COVID prevention restrictions. I am lying here in bed in pain from a bike ride but the degree of pain and the length of time it's taking doesn't make sense. I am trying to get better with rest and medical help. But as I lay in my bed at age 74  I feel like I am watching our country,  The United States of America, The greatest country in the world and by shear luck, My Country… I'm watching my country being destroyed by our own right wing. The aggressive nature of these people tend to make the rest of us simply shut up. We don't want to cause trouble. It won't do any good. People aren't going to change. And so we are basically silent and we watch.  We watch while guns and lies destroy our lives. While our constitution with its protection of legitimate, truthful and responsible free speech is attacked, suppressed and dismantled by an aggressive pack of hateful people who have no concern or respect for the truth and want to rule our country by force. We, I, acquiesce. I withdraw. I inhibit myself from speaking up except to very trusted friends. I'm afraid to alienate my daughter, my son, my mother and father in law or even the guy in the grocery store. I stay quiet while they speak out. Criticizing Biden. A bag of rocks said the grocery guy to a woman shopper. They speak out. They intimidate us. We shutter down in place. We feel fear. We feel sadness in seeing our country suffering it's loss of humanity and yet we don't want to rock the boat so we go about our business in silence. We don't wave the flag or the Bible and yet we hope and pray that somehow God will save us.I thank God for Joe Biden and others like him. He is 79 years old. He is a good and honest and hard working, well meaning man. He is trying to save the souls of America. Can he? Will he? Or will Barabbas rise again?

I'm reminded suddenly of the words in John Lennon's song. 
Hey, you've got to hide your love away
  


Pete and Tess

Begin forwarded message:

From: HuffPost Morning Email <info@mail.huffpost.com>
Date: May 26, 2022 at 6:54:31 AM EDT
To: peteandtess@gmail.com
Subject: 'Go in there!' Texas cops dithered during killer's rampage, onlookers say
Reply-To: dailybrief@huffpost.com


Trump supported "hang Mike Pence" chant on Jan. 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment