Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Google review - Odies Oil

 

Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2022

 Penetrating Oil that protects your deck for a year or two. 

Deck stains, fade, flake and wear out. It is very expensive 

to get it professionally refinished. I paid $1500. 

And some painters simply wouldn’t take the job. 

So when I got it done by a company that specializes 

in doing log homes, the craftsman told me about Odies Oil. 

When the wood is sanded the Odies soaks into the wood. 

It provides a natural sheen and the wood grain is enhanced. 

Water beads up immediately and very impressively. 

I bought a professional quality floor buffer to do this 

job on my own. I use a series of pads to spread and 

push the oil into the wood. I then finish with a buffing pad. 

The end result is beautiful. It’s beautiful but this is 

almost an annual maintenance job. You might go 

two or three years or more based on weather and wood 

type but this is not a stain or a paint. I does not flake or 

blister so you never need to sand the wood down to 

bare again but I would plan to think of this as an annual 

treatment plan rather than a paint job.


No comments:

Post a Comment