Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Tractor Shed

These little excerpts, I might add, are not placed in any particular order of importance or preference. It's just the sequence in which I added them. I am not even going to keep a count. It's a Thousand Reasons to Love Hendersonville (who's counting-just enjoy the moment)
The Tractor Shed??? You heard me. The Tractor Shed! This place is "Down Home Cooking" that's worth going down home for. Now before I forget... her name is Drool "On the Couch". (see correction) Yes, and I only had one Margarita, she said her name was Drool "On the Couch" and that was how to remember her. She is a very sweet and interesting person with a family history in Hendersonville going back into the late eighteen hundreds. I wanted to take Sam someplace where we could get some "real" food and I figured this would be the right place. It was Monday night around 8 o'clock, kinda slow, kinda quiet. No Bluegrass band like the nights before but Drool was there and as cheerful as ever and I asked her what we should get. Yes I always ask the waitress what we should get and I always feel like I get the best advice. Now if she says she don't know or she never had that or she don't eat here, then I'm liable to say, well I don't either, so please ladies, please don't say that to a customer but do be truthful. So it was in that vein that Drool told us the smoked chicken was moist and delicious, and it was! and the corn chowder was to die for, and it was! and the rootbeer baked beans, if you ain't never had em you need to and we did and she was right! So the evening was a blast, quiet, but a blast and another reason... Totally unexpected but out of the blue, small world experience, I spotted Melody, the high power powder keg of customer service herself, having dinner with her husband John and friends across the room. I approached cautiously at first but then her eyes caught me and that High Sweety came bounding out to greet me just like I was her long lost friend.
Melody owns and operates the place on Hyway 64 and Oak across from the YMCA called Two Guys. Two Guys Pizza and Ribs. Does that sound right? Pizza and Ribs, kind of like peanut butter and tuna fish. I don't know but in either case Two Guys (and one Wild and Crazy Girl) is a Great GREAT place for either one or both.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment