Saturday, November 19, 2022

To Bolt or not to Bolt - We Bolted



 Yesterday we both went to look at and sit in the Bolt. It was love at first site! Seth Parker at Sunshine Chevrolet was extremely kind and helpful and Tess was able to adjust the front seat to her liking so we put down our thousand bucks and we’re on the waiting list… probably in the new year. We are both very happy and excited and went down to Flat Rock to Campfire Restaurant to celebrate. I was so happy that Tess likes it and so excited now looking forward to driving it but… now comes the hard part… how do we plug it in? That, for me, has been the one huge advantage. We can charge it up at home and never have to go to a gas or charging station around town but I haven’t fully researched it and I can only hope it all goes smoothly.



We have a great associate at Sunshine Chevrolet in Asheville. I loved the whole idea of going EV so when my wife loved the Silver Flare Metallic so we wrote the deposit for $1000. So now the reality, where do I plug it in at home. We do have the breaker box in the garage so it should be easier than yours but I’d like to be able to plug it in outside in the driveway so I’ll ask about that. Meanwhile you did answer some questions I had about just plugging it into a 120, doable but just takes a long time. So, thanks to your video, I still feel confident and optimistic that we made the right choice. I’ve been trading Hondas for almost 40 years. Between Accords, CRV’s and I’m trading in our FIT we’ve had at least a dozen so we’re switching brands as well but I’m excited about going EV with Chevy I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all your work!


Wow! You made what looks like an incredibly involved project look easy. I just put a deposit on a Bolt without first checking out 240 volt installation issues but hopefully mine will be easy for an electrician. We’re in a townhouse. The panel is in the garage. It has plenty of space but I don’t see the total amp rating. We have central AC and a dryer so I hope we’re good to go. You had to run yours all the way out to a detached garage. I’m thinking I’d like to install my outlet just outside the garage so I can charge without pulling in. We’ll see. I may just have to make room in the garage by taking out all my bikes and stuff that’s parked where the car should go 😮
Thanks for the video. You must love the Bolt to do all that to plug in.
Thanks again!


No comments:

Post a Comment