Thursday, November 17, 2022

How we like our Chevy Bolt vs Specs

 The practical side of the Bolt or the Reality vs my Enthusiasm


https://media.chevrolet.com/content/media/us/en/chevrolet/vehicles/bolt-euv/2023/_jcr_content/iconrow/wordfile/file.res/2023%20Chevrolet%20Bolt%20EUV%20Specifications%20062322.docx


I deleted a mileage chart but now with our 240 charger station installed I’m going to guesstimate that it charges at a rate of 2 minutes a mile. 2 minutes of charging = 1 mile of distance give or take or 30 miles for an hour on the charger. So if I charge it 8 hours that’s 8*30=240 Miles and that’s about right. A full charge is supposed to give 250 mikes range.

4/17/2023

As of this update I’ve driven over 1300 miles of pure fun and excitement. We Both Love Our Bolt. Yesterday Tess and I drove to Rug and Home and picked out a new carpet. The carpet loaded into the hatchback with ease. We then went to Red Lobster for a perfect dinner of one pound of Crab legs, a baked potato, a salad with blue cheese dressing and those incredible butter biscuits. Driving the Bolt on the highway was a breeze. So silky smooth in acceleration and ride and doesn’t feel small among the trucks and other traffic. Now that we’ve had it a couple of months I feel even more confident driving it. The only improvements I can imagine and anticipate would be increased battery capacity/mileage range and I fully believe that continuing advances in battery technology will take care of that.

I know that the Bolt will do the job around town because I probably never drive more than 20 miles a day or maybe 30 going out to DuPont or Pisgah BUT trips to Charlotte? I’m not completely sure how comfortable that will be. Looking at the mileages below, getting around town or going out to places we frequent will be No Problem but Charlotte, to be on the safe side I would need to get a full charge while in Charlotte at Rea Farms Hyatt. That would mean being able to get a charger over night or several hours meaning that I would have to do that in between visits with Lauren or while at Lauren’s house. This could be a problem. I would have to carry a long power cord and get her permission and or get a charging station at the hotel and have to plug in and unplug as courtesy to others OR not get a charge and have to find one on the road and be stuck there for an hour. I worried about this for most of the night. Then, while walking Zeke at Carl Sandburg, it dawned on me that in the last 6 years of traveling to see Lauren in Charlotte we never once drove the Fit. The Fit has always been our local car, never even going on the Blue Ridge, so all that worrying was for nothing. As usual.😅

Carl Sandburg 6*2=12
DuPont 15*2= 30
Chimney Rock 25*2=50
Pisgah inn 35*2=70
Blowing Rock 115*2=230
Charlotte 125*2=250


No comments:

Post a Comment