Sunday, July 24, 2022

Pardee Physical Therapy Karen Winch

 

I’m a pretty active guy up until a couple of months ago I was hiking about 30 miles a week; Big Glassy weekdays and Mountains to Sea in Pisgah on weekends. Well all of that came to a screeching halt after I rode my mountain bike to the Sideways Farm Brewery on the rough gravelled Ecusta Trail. Apparently those bouncy 20 miles shook up some dormant arthritis in my lower lumbar that jumped up and put a chokehold on my sciatic nerve.

My wife sent me to the doctor, the doctor sent me to Southeastern Orthopedic and Southeastern put me in Physical Therapy. By and large the experience in PT has been positive. Various stretches to help me alleviate sciatica and a condition I now have called Drop Foot. Each of the 3 PT’s have been pleasant to work with and, speaking of stretches, it is apparent that they are stretched to the limit, having to deal with two or more patients at a time. I want to use this review to send a special shout out of appreciation to Karen W. She has a very friendly and assertive way about her and radiates energy and optimism. With 25 years of experience, she approaches the job on a more personal level. She not only walked me through each exercise but, using a skeleton model, explained the body mechanics of how and why we were doing each move. She provided me with follow up handouts and actually referred me to  the book, Back Mechanic by Dr. Stuart McGill. While I have huge respect, appreciation and admiration for everyone in the health care field I believe that those who go above and beyond deserve special recognition. Many Thanks Again!


No comments:

Post a Comment