Saturday, July 30, 2022

Our generation music

 I’m going to devote some time and space to the Beatles not because they are the greatest musicians or our time, or the greatest singers or the tallest or the best looking but they had just enough of everything to make them the most iconic, the most influential, the most prolific and the most memorable rock and role band of all time.

When the Beatles appeared on Sullivan apparently crime stood still and I know I did. I remember coming into the tv room, standing across from our little black and white TV and just standing there transfixed. Starring at these guys and this phenomenon they were creating with all these screaming girls and thinking, these guys are doing something right and I want to be just like them. In the immortal words of Chris Rock, I wanted to Be a Beatle. I spent hours lying awake with the radio just waiting and waiting and waiting to here the next Beatle song. I had Rae he’d just the right age where the Beatles were like the big kids just a few years old than I but young enough to model after and I had just enough money to buy my first album, Meet The Beatles. I rode my bike to the record store in Tenafly, bought the record, they were 299 for mono and 399 for stereo, and rode one handed home.



No comments:

Post a Comment