Thursday, July 14, 2022

Dolly Parton I will Always Love You

http://www.cmt.com/news/1657965/dolly-parton-shares-inspiration-of-i-will-always-love-you/

 I was trying to get away on my own because I had promised to stay with Porter’s show for five years. I had been there for seven,” she said. “And we fought a lot. We were very much alike. We were both stubborn. We both believed that we knew what was best for us. Well, he believed he knew what was best for me, too, and I believed that I knew more what was best for me at that time. So, needless to say, there was a lot of grief and heartache there, and he just wasn’t listening to my reasoning for my going.”


She continued, “I thought, ’He’s never going to listen. He’s just going to bitch every day that I go in to talk about this.’ So I thought, ’Well, why don’t you do what you do best? Why don’t you just write this song?’ Because I knew at that time I was going to go, no matter what. So I went home and out of a very emotional place in me at that time, I wrote the song, ’I Will Always Love You.'”


One of the greatest cinematic moments combined with the greatest song of all time… 


No comments:

Post a Comment