Sunday, December 3, 2023

The Future of Fusion

 Nuclear fusion is the fuel of the future… and always will be.

The funniest line my friend John ever said.


Well I just invested in the fuel of the future and I hope it’s closer now than ever = never. It is a green energy in that it does not create carbon dioxide and therefore has great potential to produce abundant amounts of energy, which our modern lifestyle demands, at reduced harm to the environment, which many of us want. Its is Amazing how science deniers have gained such a foothold in our society… but that’s a different post.. I have what I consider ideological investments in Solar and Wind alternative energy sources and we now have an electric car. I realize that nothing is perfect and there are tradeoffs when talking about energy vs the environment. I, however, will not invest in the fossil fuel industry because I believe that it is more harmful, more primitive and should go the way of the dinosaurs from which it came. I do, however, believe in capitalism and want to make money so I invested in nuclear via the ETF URN I only bought 100 shares at 50 so 5000 bucks. So this way I’m in the game but not putting much at risk. We did very well with First Solar very quickly so I sold some shares, as I did with other winners, APPL and MSFT with my logic being to cover the what ifs… we’ve made a lot of money but what if the market crashes or what if anti trust busters attack my biggest holdings, so I decided to get some cash which is currently making real money with 4.36 interest rate, 1215.43 this month, so this alleviates my biggest fear that somehow we go broke. So now I feel like we’ve covered the energy bases and if my sleeper investments, IDRV, FAN,TAN. and RIVN start to build I can always buy more but if they collapse we don’t go broke. Ironically Tess and I have not spent any of this investment money on real things so it’s all just symbols, something I debate in my mind. I’m test driving nice cars and Tess has said emphatically NO! So I guess it all goes to Lauren and our next generation which is fine. Anyway all of this is to say, we want to live well, if not extravagantly and we want our planet to Not go up in smoke, politically, economically or environmentally and in the end we’re the generation who believed that All you need is Love! ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment