Friday, December 1, 2023

Consumer Reports Unreliable

 



We’ve been driving Honda’s for 45 years. Great cars. We’ve had our Bolt EUV for one year. It’s the nicest car I’ve ever owned; Silky smooth, quiet, super quick and completely reliable. All this and no gas and no maintenance. It’s an amazing car and now after 45 years or more of Honda’s Toyota’s and a few other brands I got my first Chevy it an EV and we love it! You use a generic term, Reliability, which then gets repeated giving a negative impression which I think is a very unreliable impression especially when you lump in little inconveniences like a transient Bluetooth connection. The first thing my friend said when I got the Bolt was, oh I read they were unreliable… so your negative one word meme opinion gets out there and gets repeated and yes, EV naysayers thrive on that stuff. As does the fossil fuel industry. I know GM had a few battery fires in the first release and they had a massive recall to remedy that. We talked about that and factored that into our decision. No-one wants to risk a fire But, as I said, GM quickly addressed that. I think battery technology as all modern technologies will continue to improve so I am leasing and looking forward to my next EV but at 75 I don’t know how many new cars are in my future but I am so glad I lived to see this day when EV’s are on the road and that hours in smog filled traffic jams may be on the way out. Around town, with all my charging at home, this car is perfect. Range anxiety for longer trips will easily be eliminated as the charging infrastructure increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment