Wednesday, December 6, 2023

 What am I feeling right now? I guess it’s just a sense of pending doom and resignation. I’m looking for validation for a sense of, this just came to me, me too. That I’m not alone in my concerns. Concerns a bout what? That Trump and Trumpism is taking over our beautiful and beloved country. God bless America, land that I love, stand beside her and guide her, through the night with the light from above. From the mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam, God bless America, my home sweet home, God bless America my home sweet home.

Trump has moved in and capitalized on our divisions our fears and our prejudice. He’s telling his followers that he will only be a dictator for one day… close down our boarders and drill baby drill. Will he and his followers kill the electric car? Will they take away social security? The monthly income but almost worse, our actual sense of social security. There are shootings every week. It barely makes the news. Facts have been buried in misinformation and outright lies. The truth tellers are jeered while the biggest liar of all time is cheered. Things are upside down and backwards and the meaning of words have been redefined. I love America. I love Democracy. I love Freedom. I love Jesus and love his teachings. I try to follow in his path and in his light I love all this and more about America but I don’t love seeing our capital attacked or seeing our representatives attacked and threatened and yet he is calling these people patriots. My patriotism has been much more quiet and peaceful. I obey the law. If I break the law, a speeding ticket, I pay it. I vote. I trust the election. I pay my taxes. I am so far from perfect but I know it and I try to do better. I am humble. I am proud but I am humble. I am white. I am middle class. I have money. I do not have fame, thank God! I have the love of my life, a beautiful family and a few good friends. All I want is to live it out in peace. To have validation here and there. To know I’m not alone. Or, sometimes, to know I am alone but that’s ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment