Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pinnacle Pass and The Bratwurst Experience






Somehow as continued to plod on step by step by step the cadence tends to manifest itself as a mantra that goads me to continue on, step, by step, by yet another step. Today, that mantra, seemed to take on a religious significance. Do Unto Others, Do unto others, Do unto others...... Somehow the depth of wisdom in this simple yet Golden Rule permeated my physically exhausted body and mind. Is this not the Golden Rule because it simplifies all others into a crystal vision of humanitarian consideration and respect for the rights of others. But also, is it not, I pondered, the deepest request of all personal prayers? Please God, Oh Please, treat me as I would like to be treated.





These were my ruminations over the last of Two of the Ten arduous miles looping the Pinnacle Pass Trail, John Sloan and Rim of the Gap Trails in Caesars Head State Park. My hiking buddy and good friend, Chip, had once again sold me on this venture, a habit we repeat at least once a month during the hiking season. He is at once the most determined, most productive, most nature loving, dang Drill Sergeant of a man I have ever known. We can't just take a hike for the day. No, we have to test the limits of our human endurance. I surmised that there are three phases to each hike. To Hike or Not to Hike (Should I subject myself to this torture one more time?), Hey this Hike is Great. (Great food Great View), What was I thinking??? I cannot take another step. (Please God Get Me Home). Somehow despite my initial better judgement, after a few days rest, I'm ready to do it all over again. Why? Because it is Pure, it is Beautiful and it is a Blast!!! It is the Bratwurst Experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment