Saturday, October 22, 2011

Celebrate Oktoberfest in Hendersonville


Quick Shots on Picasa

It's the morning of Race Day. I'm up @ 5:30am so that's a start. It's 34 degrees out right now so that's a bit brisk to start riding but hopefully it will start edging up in the next few hours. I rode the course yesterday and my athletic and adventuresome neighbors were asking a lot of questions leading me to believe they may end up on the start line this morning as well. My job, of course, is not to run the race but ride my bike as the "sweeper", the guy who follows the last runner and looks out for safety issues. I'll find out more specifics when I get there this morning. The Race begins at 9 Am from the Jones Gap Baptist Church. It runs up to Jump Off Rock via Hebron, Essowah and Roberts... All Up Hill and then back. Of course coasting is one of the great rewards of cycling but runners can't coast. 





Tess and I shared an Italian meal with our good friends John and Karel, at Bayou Roma one of Hendersonville's newest restaurants. John and Karel have traveled Italy and much of the Mediterranean and John being a history buff was able to enhance our meal with some historical background on our Chicken Marsala.  All I know is that I had not eaten all day and I was more than ready to chow down on pasta, a traditional race day carb.

http://www.hvillescoop.com/Hendersonville-Buzz/Calendar/index.php/name/Jump-Off-Rock-10K-Race/event/9997/





Date

Start: Saturday, October 22, 2011 @ 9AM

Address

Jones Gap Church
3007 Hebron Rd Hendersonville, NC

Registration Closing Date

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 @ 11:59 PM PST
Hey Thanks Jeff. I was just looking at Google Maps and is the route going to follow Hebron Rd to sharp Left on to Essowah  to Laurel Park Hwy to Jump Off? or is it going to go Left on Roberts back to Laurel Park Hwy?
In either case I want to do a dry run or two before race day.
Congratulations on organizing and promoting this event. http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20110825/ARTICLES/110829841

I'll try to call to talk with you before game day. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment