Monday, January 15, 2024

Watch "Unlocking the Mysterious Benefits of Silence | A Buddhist Story on Power of Silence" on YouTube


I just woke from a dream and then listened to this story. It strikes me that I have no thoughts that are not in the form of words. Its words that flood my mind and that even words like Sunset or Beach are more the words than the images. Yet in dreams there are no words, just images but das soon as you start to wake you can feel the dream being suppressed and forgotten. If you try to describe the dream, gain you have to use words. It's an interesting story. It does reflect some of the teachings or experiences of Jesus who chose to go into the wilderness for 40 days and nights. Cliches like Silence is Golden. I could never be silent for a month but I'm trying to be silent at least while someone else is talking and then for another moment before I respond. As my wife has tried to tell me, she has said in a loving way, I don't want you to find a solution or fix the problem, I just want you to hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment