Saturday, May 6, 2023

Make America Hate Again

 This is my play on words for MAGA. There is something very self destructive going on in America and it’s like a dark cloud hanging over my head. I must say right here that still, despite the headlines, my life is almost perfect. I took Zeke for a walk today at Flat Rock Park and met several dog owners who remark about how cute Zeke is. These are men and women. I meet nice people everyday whenever and wherever I go walking. So my life in America is So So Good… but what? What is happening to us that we see day after day in the news? Today nine people, 8 innocent people and then the shooter, were killed/shot at an outlet mall in Texas. I just heard in the news report that Texas basically has no gun laws. Just go in and buy one. The last tragedy in Uvalde Texas that was a school shooting, the officers were criticized for not going into the school to confront the shooter faster. 40 minutes they stayed outside talking about what to do. The officer quit after the scrutiny… he quit because this is Insane. He is a small town policeman in small town America. He’s not a soldier in Iraq! We are creating an American horror story in the name of the 2nd Amendment and the right wing, fueled by right wing media and Donald Trump is turning us against each other with hatebtalk and lies. Who is doing this to us and why? Is it greed? Lust for power? Or just plain hate? Hitler was right??? How can something like this be said in America? How can this be said by someone who claims to be a patriotic American? But this is the kind of warped mentality that is being fed by this MAGA hate machine. I know Biden is not perfect by any means but I thank God for Biden and I believe that he is truly trying to save the soul of America. I would have thought this statement to be oh just too dramatic but oh my god what has happened to our soul?

So these are the things I worry about. Seeing hate in America by Americans on Americans. It’s very sad. It’s discouraging and it’s frightening. And along with this I’m afraid of loosing all our savings in a stock market crash caused by the MAGAs who refuse to raise the debt ceiling.

Now I’ve been told, that’s not going to happen. I’ve been told that hate is nothing new. Rationally I know that lying awake all night writing out these feelings are not going to fix anything but.. but I jaunt feel so hurt.

I love America. I love America. I love my wife , my daughter, my sister, my little dog and my friends. I love Jesus and God knows we need him here and now. He showed us the truth, the light and the way and yet we are so lost. 

Love thy neighbor as thyself. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Turn the other cheek. If he steals your shirt, give him your coat. In light of todays politics these things sound crazy but these are the words and the teachings of Jesus. Let his light shine down on us and help Joe Biden and those of us, the meek, who love America. Help us save her soul.

Texas shooting

 

Eight people were killed and at least seven others were wounded when a gunman opened fire at an outlet mall in Allen, Texas, on Saturday — the latest mass shooting to shatter an American community. A Dallas-area medical group said it was treating patients ranging from age from 5 to 61 years old. The 33-year-old shooter was killed by a police officer who was already at the mall near Dallas on an unrelated call. The gunman was armed with an AR-15 style rifle and had multiple weapons in his vehicle, according to police. The shooter's motive remains unclear at this time, but officials are investigating his potential ties to right-wing extremism after he was found with an insignia on his clothing worn by some members of extremist groups, a law enforcement source said. Officials have also found he had an extensive social media presence that included neo-Nazi and White supremacist-related posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment