Monday, May 1, 2023

Kimmel on Tucker

Jimmy Kimmel Shreds 'Despicable Mother Tucker' Carlson With Blasts From The Past 


  Entertaining and informative video. Quite honestly I never watch the show but I found the Trump rant the most revealing and disturbing. All these ‘losers’ that he names are far more intelligent, interesting and informative than he, who is truly the Biggest Loser. Trumps unmitigated narcism and aggressive lying has brought more shame to America and done more harm to America than any president at any time in our history. I used to like Trump, I used to watch him on the Apprentice and look for his name on buildings when I visited New York. In those days his unabashed egotism was entertaining and relatively harmless but as President and now as former President he paints the darkest picture of America preaching this sermon of doom and gloom at the hand of the ‘liberals’ In all of my years, which are more than Trump, I never ever doubted the greatness of America or the love I have for my country. Trump, and his legionnaires of media hatred at Fox News, are tearing away at the fabric of honesty, integrity and sense of community that actually does make America great and holds our country together. 

I’m so glad that talented people as Kimmel, Letterman, Colbert, Meyers, Noah, Cordon https://youtu.be/aFS9ytY_ZqE 

and others can be articulate and knowledgeable and yet still find the humor in the sadness and shame that Trump/Carlson/Fox/Newsmax etc. are inflicting on our country. I love capitalism but I don’t like it when people capitalize on our susceptibility to misinformation, hatred and vicious lies.

One more thing… growing up we watched the news for a half an hour every night. It was the news with trusted names like Huntley and Brinkley and Walter Cronkite. They faithfully reported the news with minor inflections, a touch of sadness when JFK was gunned down, or excitement when America landed on the moon, One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind. Rupert Murdock took the nightly news, a nightly public service loss leader to the networks and turned Faux News into a 24 hour profit driven slasher movie. Ratings addicts assault us with fear mongering innuendo where all of our problems can be blamed on the other guy and sadly convenient scapegoats are easy prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment