Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Day in the Life

I headed out this morning to see part of the fabrication process for our Granite Counter Tops from Stone Gallery Granite & Marble and then headed up to Asheville for a taste of Chocolate. Tess and I saw The French Broad Chocolate Lounge Featured on UNC TV Weekend and I thought, it's Monday, why wait? So off I went and let me tell you it is very well worth the trip.








 After a taste of Chocolate and a sip of Red Wine ( a great combination) I headed back to Biltmore for a quick bike tour and another sip of Biltmore's finest. These Belgium Draft Horses, Ernie and Chester are retired at 23 years after taking (and by taking I mean pulling) carriage tours throughout the Biltmore grounds for many years.


 These Gentle Giants are as close to the Clydesdale's as I will ever get, each weighing in at over 2000 pounds. In case you're wondering and Yes, I asked, there was a Bert and sadly he has passed on to greener pastures



Wine tastings are offered as part of the winery tour but I was able to test three with my own personal sommelier. I learned that her daughter had served in the US Navy, studied Russian and was stationed in Great Britain. How's that for an adventure?


 It is always difficult to leave because there is yet another picture around every corner. I am always tempted to stay until the golden hours of sunset but as for today just staying til mid afternoon was golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment