Friday, November 11, 2011

Chance Encounter at Biltmore



Solitude in Grandeur





and the element of surprise! 




 I enjoy the solitude of Biltmore. The ability to walk around almost incognito and take my time in observation of others enjoying each other and their surroundings.
I came today to test out my new camera. To snap away, basically shooting everything in sight and take time later to see what the camera would remember. Photography can be a very self indulgent obsession. As I look around and see this statue or this wall or this flower it can become a very singular experience. After all if you are lucky enough to have someone with whom to share your life, as I am, then to have her with me as I focus on one thing, then another and another, I can honestly see that it would become quite tedious for the other person. There is a steep hill between lonely and alone. One is prison the other liberation. 
Therefore with that apology rendered. 
I was at liberty to indulge in quite a beautiful day!







No comments:

Post a Comment