Friday, November 18, 2011

Catfish in the Cellar - The Cypress Celler

I have never had catfish before and there was just something about the name that made me ask for salmon instead. But there comes a time when one must expand ones self imposed culinary boundaries and today was, once again, my day to jump into the pond.








My life saver and preserver in this venture was this engaging young lady with her Mardi Gras smile and Hurricaine charm. She said Try it, you will love it and if you don't love it I will get you something else. Now that is a gamble that even I am willing to take. The food at the Cypress Cellar is Creole, Cajun, Carolina and inCredible. It is cool weather comfort food with a spice and crunch that warms your body, heart and soul. The catfish with pecan sauce was li te tres bon!
These lovely people just happened to be nestling in for a late lunch about the same time as I and although entereing as strangers we left feeling as friends. Much love, fun and blessings to you as you travel back to Old Fort, North Carolina.


No comments:

Post a Comment