Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Our latest / Our Last Visit to The Low Country - Dataw Island in Beaufort

Sunday October 8th 2023 we started out from Hendersonville early in the morning… we’ll make that before 12 pm. 277 miles to 2017 Bluffs Villa Road or  4 hours and 36 minutes as calculated by Google Maps so we had time a plenty for a reasonable trip with a check in time no sooner than 4. Well let’s say at 7 pm after 10 or 12 stops, long lines of traffic and a speeding ticket issued within the last 10 miles of our destination…. We arrived safe, sound and sober at the pearly gates of Dataw. We gave up the idea of eating at a restaurant so I set my sights and taste buds on getting fried chicken at Publix. All I wanted was that and a jug of spring water to make our coffee. I had packed all of our essentials including butter, cream, booze and pillows apparently thinking that if we didn’t make it to our VRBO home we could somehow survive in a roadside camp. Even though it was dark when we arrived we could tell it was a very nice place and when we entered our home away, the address had been changed 3 times, now 2006 Bluff Villas, it was Beautiful! Tess thinks I over use that word so… it was comfortable? Yes, it was nice. Over the next few days we ate at these restaurants:  Luther’s Rare and Well, The Morgan River Grill, The Foolish Frog 3 times and I boiled Shrimp that I bought at Mrs Bradley’s

And drove to these sites: Hunting Island, Marsh Boardwalk Trail, Fort Fremont, The Sands where I walked a boardwalk and climbed a wooden tower and  the  Cypress Wetlands where I saw an alligator and met a family from Lyman on Port Royal.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment