Thursday, December 15, 2022


 Love your reviews. Smooth and easy to listen to with no big production intros or loud distracting music. I’m on the verge of buying a Bolt. Almost ready to buy without even a test drive because demand is so high. I want to replace my ICE Honda Fit. The Fit has been fine but I just want to go EV to do all my driving around town. I also want to see how it feels compared to our hybrid CRV especially on the highway. Your testimony as well as many others tell me that this is going to be a comfortable, reliable, efficient and Fun car to drive. I want the EUV Premier with a good sound system and adjustable driver seat that I hope will accommodate my 5’ petite (and beautiful) wife but I think we can live without Super Cruise. I do want all safety features including front and rear crash mitigation braking. Many thanks again for doing very helpful videos.


Hello again. Another great video. I’m in line to get a Bolt 2023 Premier. I’m debating leasing vs buying. I’ve been leasing Hondas for years and trading them in for a new Honda every 3 years. I’m thinking of buying the Bolt vs leasing depending on incentives or fees/interest attached. But it sounds like your experience has been very good for over 30k so if the car is dependable and durable it might be well worth a buy.

Hey, thanks again! I think the lease vs. buy decision with a Bolt comes down to whether you think it will still meet your needs in 3-5 years time. The only strikes against the model at this point would be size and fast charging... Obviously it's not getting any bigger, but there will be vastly superior charge capabilities on newer models at this price point by 2025. So where the Bolt charges at 55kW tops, something like the Ultium-based Equinox EV will be 3-4x better, improving trip time and resale value. That said, if you're planning on keeping it for the life of the car and it isn't your main road tripper -- or if your long trips are infrequent/already include long stops for food/breaks --a Bolt will be the best EV deal going in 2023. I have zero qualms about the reliability of the model and would expect it to do at least 150-200K miles with minimal maintenance. Limited fast charging could also help that come to pass, as the battery is rarely stressed and degradation should be minimized as a result.



No comments:

Post a Comment