Friday, December 16, 2011

Breakfast with Mr. Mustard

I am the Eggman, we are the Eggmen, I am the Walrus Coo Coo Ca Ju, Coo Coo Ca Ju. This morning we had breakfast at Mean Mr. Mustard's Cafe and Oh what a breakfast it was. Creative and Delicious! A tasteful, lyrical experience for mind, body, heart and soul, "I want to Tell You" that Mr. Mustard's Cafe is a "Magical Mystery Tour" of sight sound and taste sensation created by the collaborative genius of Monte and Diane Rosemond.
I had the Eggs Abraham and "I Will" venture to guess that Mr. Lincoln would be proud to honor this dish as a Declaration of Independence from your every day breakfast fare.



I was born to love the Beatles. Of course I didn't know that until 1963 when "I Want to Hold Your Hand" became our generations warmest romantic gesture and "She Loves You" was the answer to my adolescent prayers. I remember laying awake at night listening to the AM Radio until Cousin Brucie finally played something by this new British Group as he rotated through the top 40. Submarine race watching from the Swingin' Soiree with Murray the K took a nose dive when Ed Sullivan introduced these fine young lads from Liverpool.



 I was there!!! My Dad (Mr. Peter Martin Tintle, henceforth Super Dad) worked for NBC and got tickets. I sat somewhere in the  10th row of the theater thinking... I'm sure all these girls aren't going to start screaming (like news clips I had seen). Boy was I wrong about that. Pandemonium broke loose just like we were shooting a scene in a "Hard Days Night". The Beatles provided the soundtrack for our generation. My friend 'Winkee' and I started a band. I bought a guitar from a pawn shop on Canal Street in the city. We learned the 'chords' and practiced til we had "blisters on our fingers", looked for a 'drummer' a 'base' and someone to play 'lead'. I emerged one day after wrestling practice where the shower had flattened my hair across my forehead and down to my ears, some girl took notice and I never used Brylcreem again! John, Paul, George and Ringo were the first and probably only "group" I ever knew by individual names and I came to realize how universal the impact was when, decades later, I heard Chis Rock declare "I wanted to Be a Beatle". That really was it in a nutshell. It wasn't just the songs or even the music... it was them! All of us wanted to Be The Beatles!
So if you want to dine on Great Food, with Great (treat you like a rock star) Service in the presence of the Greatest Band of All Time, "Baby You Can Drive My Car" to where the Beatle reunion begins
with "Good Day Sunshine" every morning at 7am, you can "Come Together" right now and  "Get Back" to where you once belonged with a "Little Help from Your Friends" and "Strawberry (jam) Fields Forever" at Mr. Mustard's Cafe on "Penny Lane" and 4th Avenue off Main St. in Hendersonville. "All You Need is Love!"

No comments:

Post a Comment