Monday, August 14, 2023

Neil Young - Old Man (Official Audio)

https://youtu.be/ZKCiC-H2Xbg




Reading your heartfelt comments means as much to me as hearing the song. I was probably around 24 when I first tried playing this song in Washington Square after trading in my electric guitar for acoustic somehow believing that it was closer to the soul. I heard a strummer playing this song at our brewery just the other day, looked at my friend and said, it’s just so great how our music never dies. Now at 75 I’m that old man that Neil was singing about. The years melt by and then suddenly decades. The more things change the more they stay the same. When I learned the song I was searching for A Heart of Gold. 




At times I was lost and lonely and didn’t know what the future might hold. I found that girl, married her and we built a family and a life together. Still and all, my friend’s wife just passed, a harsh reminder that All things must pass. For those who have lost their father or their mother or anyone they loved, hang on and hang in there, Don’t stop Believing and as Steven Stills said, Love the one your with.





No comments:

Post a Comment