Wednesday, July 3, 2024

We don't "move on" from grief. We move forward with it | Nora McInerny |...

https://youtu.be/khkJkR-ipfw?si=_yzQQmoOzBGg-ArU

I'm only 5 minutes in but you got me. Or you get me. Or Both… I thought about something I talked about today. We lost our dog. Loosing a dog, for people who love their dog, is quite incomprehensibly devastating. It's a dog. But your dog is such family member you love, that you Both love, loosing that mutual object of your love is devastating. A year after we lost him we opened our hearts to getting another dog. I pause here to say that using the word 'dog' to describe Dolce or now Zeke seems like a disrespect. But we loved, we love them both. We love them both and the love is unique to each as each is unique in themselves.
I recently lost my wife. Somehow the word 'wife' feels disrespectful. I lost my life love of 46 years and I am lost, I am devastated and yes I am sad. I cry a little every day and some days I cry longer and louder and deeper. I have thought storms where I write everything I remember, think and feel. But… but I have people in my life who still like me. I think about that. I recently started corresponding with a woman. I think about that. My love and I we loved each other. We loved two dogs. We loved the life we built together but because I am now alone does not mean I no longer love her and if ever again I am no longer alone and learn to love again will not mean I don't still love her.

Pete and Tess




No comments:

Post a Comment